SWI is Seeking a Marketing Professional to join our Flagstaff team.
The Director of Marketing will be actively involved in the marketing production processes associated with RFQ/RFP responses for new business opportunities for multiple service divisions within SWI. This requires the individual to direct and oversee the efforts of engineers, consultants, and all other staff resources in the firm when formulating coordinated materials that best represent the firm’s qualifications. This individual must have the ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Locate and coordinate potential project opportunities.
– Work closely with Principals and Job Managers to conduct Go – No Go discussions while helping develop Win strategies.
– Performs research on prospective clients. Discovers who the persons are within a prospective client that has the authority to engage engineering consultants and discovers what the project plans of the prospective client are.
– Organize, coordinate, write, edit and design all Statements of Qualifications, proposals, presentations and submittals.
– Attend pre-submittal meetings, often out of town.
– Oversee and enforce the overall proposal preparation timeline
Monitor compliance with Request for Proposals/Qualifications (RFP/RFQs)
– Write, coordinate, and assemble proposal sections
– Schedule and coordinate status meetings/teleconferences and draft/final reviews
– Coordinate development of oral presentations generally with shortlist announcement(s). Works with presentation members, coaches them, arms them with information they may need to answer client questions.
– Assist with development of project descriptions, resumes and schedules
– Schedule and conduct proposal progress status meetings
– Coordinate, produce and update marketing materials, including project write-ups, resumes, company profiles, brochures, press releases, photography, marketing collateral, etc.
– Maintain databases concerning clients, projects and project write-ups
– Utilize content management system (WordPress) to maintain/update SWI’s corporate web site.
– Develop and utilize social media for marketing outreach.
– Liaison with clients, consultants, photographers, printers and suppliers.
– Responsible for executing all group mail-outs and e-blasts.
– Facilitate client meetings, client care visits, events, and conferences.
– Periodically visit SWI office locations.
– Attend conferences as needed, often out of town.
– Create and distribute customer surveys.
– Coordinate purchase and distribution of firm holiday cards to clients.
– Coordinate firm attendance of trade shows (booth).
– Assist with special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate for this position would possess the following:
– Self-starter mentality
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and a self-motivated “Do whatever it takes” attitude.
– Strong organizational, communication, networking and leadership abilities.
– Strong writing, proofreading editing skills.
– Capable of overseeing multiple projects simultaneously.
– Maintain close attention to detail and meet schedules under deadline.
– Proficient in Adobe InDesign
– Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Outlook).
– Social media savvy (LinkedIn and Facebook specifically).
– Proficient in Photoshop and WordPress.
– Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
– Works well with diverse people across multiple offices and collaborates as a team player.
– May require irregular hours at times.
– Valid driver’s license.